Deedster is here to reduce our carbon footprint! Every day we are reminded of how we affect the planet but feel clueless about how to contribute individually. Deedster
develops engaging tech solutions that are used by big brands and companies around
Never heard about Deedster?
Deedster is a digital platform for sustainable consumption. Through our app you can learn how easy it can be to make planet-friendly lifestyle choices while having fun. Our SaaS solutions integrate with bank platforms and merchants to provide an engaging experience on their platforms. We use a multitude of data sources, algorithms and ML to calculate climate impact and personalized and actionable insights. Visit our website to have a closer look: https://deedster.com.
With long experience from the global FinTech industry, strategy consultancy, and entrepreneurship we decided to establish Deedster in December 2016 and this is by far our most important endeavor. Never before have Mondays at the office - or remote - been as fun!
We are growing fast and expanding the team both within development and other parts of the company. The venture is financed by an international and diverse group of angel investors as well as by our client projects.
Depending on who you are, your daily responsibilities would be things like
- Lead the cross-discipline product development team consisting of engineers, UX/design, climate researchers, analytics and content creators
- Drive technical development and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Responsible for the delivery of product development team including:
- Deliver on customer commitments and targets
- Ensure the team is building technical solutions in line with Deedster quality standards
- Make prioritizations and balance speed vs. tech debt
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex projects
- Work closely with product management to ensure we're building the right product
- Hire, coach, and mentor the product team, including appraisal and salary reviews.
- Continuously help your team grow professionally so they can have a larger impact and drive more complex initiatives
- Enable the team to reach their targets by removing impediments, clarifying goals and initiatives, and fostering ownership and accountability
- Responsible for sprint planning, execution and follow up
What about your background and skills?
- Experience in project management and/or agile coaching in tech organizations
- At least two years experience of leading teams and owning the delivery of the team
- Background as a developer is helpful but not a must
- Experience in setting ways of working and team targets for engineering teams, follow-up on delivery, and developed performance on both team and individual level
- Experience in hiring and/or evaluating engineers in hiring processes is highly valued.
- Solid experience from a product company working in an agile environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
At Deedster we believe that in order to have a fighting chance to mitigate the impact of climate change, all need to participate. Our team reflects that - we come from a variety of cultures and backgrounds and we are proud to say we have a 50/50 split between men and women. We hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background.
And what do we offer you?
When we succeed, you can say (brag) that you have contributed to securing the future of our planet. Competitive compensation package including 30 days of vacation, of course. And a really nice office in the heart of Stockholm with hybrid set up that let you work from home on a regular basis.
Good to know
The employment is full-time, with start as soon as possible. For more information about this role email me Niclas Persson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more on