Deedster is here to reduce our carbon footprint! Every day we are reminded of how we affect the planet but feel clueless about how to contribute individually. Deedster develops engaging tech solutions that are used by big brands and companies around the world.
Never heard about Deedster?
Deedster is a digital platform for sustainable consumption. Through our app you can learn how easy it can be to make planet-friendly lifestyle choices while having fun. Our SaaS solutions integrate with bank platforms and merchants to provide an engaging experience on their platforms. We use a multitude of data sources, algorithms and ML to calculate climate impact and personalized and actionable insights.
With successful careers within FinTech, consultancy, and entrepreneurship we decided to establish Deedster in December 2016 and this is by far our most important endeavor. And never before have Mondays at the office - or remote - been as fun!
We are growing fast and expanding the team both within development and other parts of the company. The venture is financed by an international and diverse group of angel investors as well as by our client projects.
What’s your area of responsibility?
- Designing, developing, and maintaining scalable backend services built with Clojure/Java
- Develop connections to the banks open APIs (EU PSD2)
- Be a part of our development in ML and smart recommendations
- Apply DevOps practices to expand our infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform)
- Active participation in defining the technical roadmap
What about your background and skills?
- A college degree in computer science or similar
- Good English communication and writing skills
- An open mind and a proven track record for problem solving
- Knowledge of application architecture and design of modern web services, APIs and databases
- 3+ years of professional experience
It would be also nice to see:
- Experience in Clojure or other functional languages
- Knowledge of TensorFlow or other ML frameworks
- Understanding of / experience with web frontend or iOS or Android development
- Knowledge of Google App Engine, Firebase and other Google Cloud Services
At Deedster we believe that in order to have a fighting chance to mitigate the impact of climate change, all need to participate. Our team reflects that - we come from a variety of cultures and backgrounds and we are proud to say we have a 50/50 split between men and women. We hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background.
And what do we offer you?
When we succeed, you can say (brag) that you have contributed to securing the future of our planet. Competitive compensation package. There is a stock option program. And an office in the heart of Stockholm but it could also be remote from any other EU country.
Good to know
The employment is fulltime, with start as soon as possible. For more information about this role give me, Daniel Dellham, a call on mobile +46 70 580 7040 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.